Eagle Aruba proudly offers our guests a wide variety of casino gaming options. However, we recognize that the gaming experience can become a problem for some individuals. We are strongly committed to promoting responsible gaming in our casino and throughout our community by providing information, access to resources, and assistance to those who seek help.
Our Commitment to Customers & Responsible Gaming
- To post and provide the general public with information addressing the subject of responsible gaming. This information, including written materials and contact information for the 24-hour Problem Gambling Helpline (1-800-522-4700), is conveniently posted around Eagle Aruba gaming, cage, and cash-dispensing areas.
- To continually review our credit policies and procedures.
- To maintain a program that allows patrons to self-limit their access to the issuance of credit, check cashing, and direct-marketing offers.
- To provide ongoing education to our staff members for recognizing and understanding the nature and symptoms of problem gambling behaviors. Staff members are further encouraged to assist patrons in obtaining information about problem gambling programs.
- To actively participate in local, state, and national programs and/or organizations dealing with responsible gambling.
The Warning Signs of Problem Gambling
- Gambling to escape everyday problems and worries.
- Gambling to get money to resolve financial problems.
- Borrowing money to gamble or to cover gambling debts.
- Selling personal possessions to gamble or to cover gambling debts.
- Inability to stop gambling regardless of win or loss levels.
- Gambling until you’ve lost your last dollar.
- Neglecting your job, family, and self because of gambling.
- An unhappy home life because of gambling.
- Reluctance to use “gambling money” for necessary household expenses.
- Feelings of hopelessness, depression, or suicidal thoughts because of gambling.
Source: Gamblers Anonymous